Jumps - Cowboy Dressage
Due to the complexity of shipping charge quotations and the limitations of PayPal, Jumps West reviews all Internet orders and notifies you immediately to refund shipping charge overages where automatic freight charges are miscalculated, or to increase the final price for additional quantities added at PayPal where shipping charges are based on only the first item.
Learn our shipping policies and how rates are calculated.
Please note: Prices and products can change without notice.
Please contact us directly to confirm availability and pricing.
Jumps West is proud to be the private label custom manufacturer of record for all Cowboy Dressage™ specialty arena materials. Please click here for further details on Product offerings.
COMBINED CLASSIC ENGLISH AND SPECIALTY COWBOY DRESSAGE™ ARENA
Cowboy Dressage is always ridden in a 20 x 40m arena. However, if you want to be able to do it all, to ride classic English dressage, Western Dressage, and Cowboy Dressage, choose this arena! Comes complete with 32 support cones - enough for a complete 20m x 60 enclosed dressage arena, and 32 5m rails.
Saves you over $450 off a regular classic English dressage arena, yet gives you the versatility for all these riding disciplines! English dressage, Western Dressage AND Cowboy Dressage.
Add the set of 16 (12 Classic + 4 Cowboy Dressage quarterline) 18" or 30" letters and you have everything you need for Classic Dressage, Western Dressage, and Cowboy Dressage.
COMBINED CLASSIC ENGLISH AND SPECIALTY COWBOY DRESSAGE™ LETTER SET
This letter set combines the specialty discipline of Cowboy Dressage™ (16 letters including Quarter Lines) for the 20m x 40m and gives you the complete set of the 12 Classic Dressage Letters for the 20m x 60m. The formatting and size are consistent throughout.
30" All black letters, using the 12 regular classic dressage letters and the four extra of Cowboy Dressage. Keeps the same format font and size in black so the set matches.. This price includes shipping. 16 letters total. All 30" black. Includes the four Cowboy Dressage quarterline letters. Added: J, N, Q and Y.
Ships via commercial freight: $1099.95 including shipping.
Courtesy of Debbie & Eitan Beth-Halachmy
Courtesy of Terry & Susan Tomasini, Tomasini Training Center
Suggested Methods for Laying Out Cowboy Dressage Arenas
Establish the approximate locations of the rings. Stride out approximate distances or use a measuring wheel. Check the footing, determine the location of the judge relative to sun and confirm whether there will be adequate space for the judge’s booth and for a comfortable circle at entry. Relocate as required. It is highly desirable to NOT have the sun in the judge’s eyes.
Using Measuring Tapes
Metric/English fiberglass measuring tapes in reel-type plastic cases with flush-folding handles are available from contractors’ supply stores, lumber yard supply stores, or surveyors’ supply stores. These measuring tapes are available in 60-meter (200-foot) and 100-meter (300-foot) lengths. In addition, for measuring corners, 100-foot builder’s tapes are available at a nominal cost from hardware stores.
- At least one 60-meter (200-foot) surveyor’s tape, preferably marked in meters on one side of the tape. Two 60-meter tapes are ideal.
- Also, two 100-foot builder’s tapes are used to set corners and short walls.
- Six stakes or long nails to establish corners and measuring points.
A 90° corner is established by using the Pythagorean theorem, which states that the sum of the squares of the sides of a right triangle equals the square of the hypotenuse. Tapes are used to establish a right triangle with sides of 40 feet and 30 feet and a hypotenuse of 50 feet.
- Drive in one stake or nail to establish the location for the first corner stake. Using the 100-foot builder’s tape, measure 66 feet along the potential short wall.
- Take a 60-meter tape and for a small arena measure 40 meters down the long wall (standard ring measure 60 meters) and place a stake with the tape secured to be straight and taut. This will be the second corner.
- Use the second 100-foot builder’s tape. Secure it at the 40-foot point on the long wall, unreel 50 feet and then adjust the positions between the 40-foot location on the long wall and a 30-foot location on the short wall so they are exactly 50 feet apart.
The easiest way to do this is to pivot the short wall while leaving the long wall taut. Mark the final location of end of the short wall with a stake. This is the third corner.
- Use the tapes to measure out the other long wall and short wall. The fourth corner is located at their junction. By making these last
two walls the correct lengths, all corners will be square. Optionally, the diagonal of the ring may be measured as a check,
- as shown in the following diagram.
- Set the arena fencing.
- Determine placement of letters. Refer to the following diagrams.
Click image to enlarge
- Place letters approximately ½ meter away from the edge of the arena.
- On the arena enclosure place a special marker on the fence itself, level with, and in addition to, the letter concerned.
CREDIT: Thank you to the United States Pony Club for providing the text from which this description was derived. Click for a printable PDF version of this information.
Interested in Arena development? See Measuring Tool
We Carry: PVC Horse Jumps : Polyethylene Horse Jumps : Wood Horse Jumps : Jump Packages : Exclusive Dressage Products : Klimke Cavalletti : Jump Cups : Rails : Dressage Arenas : Dressage Training Materials : TV/Podcast/Web/Print Media Production Assistance and Competition Materials: Stall Padding: Water Jumps: Trail Equipment and Trail Obstacles Grand Prix Show Jumps
Please note: Prices and products can change without notice.
Please contact us directly to confirm availability and pricing
Jumps West guarantees its PVC products for 3 years from the date of purchase for normal, non-commercial use conditions - not including throwing, horse - rider - arena drag damage. Guarantee does not include shipping and is valid for the original purchaser only.
Worldwide Shipping ~ Products Come Assembled
Jumps West does not process American Express payments directly.
However, we can issue a paypal request, via email, that will allow you to use American Express for online payments.